Onion bhajis are one of my favourite savoury foodstuffs. I have wanted to try making my own for some time now, and suddenly finding myself with some time on my hands, decided to bite the bullet and see what happened.
- 6 small white onions
- 7 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp garam masala
- Mix the flour and spices in a large bowl
- Thinly slice the onions and add to the bowl, mixing well to coat the onions
- Slowly add some cold water and mix until sticky
- Heat oil in a pan (I had about 2 inches of oil in a large saucepan)
- Shape mixture into small bowls and deep fry until golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with a squeeze of lemon.