Monday was my turn to provide the goods for Bake Monday. As work’s resident pseudo-Scandinavian, it was a no brainer that my offering would offer a taste of the North. With the added challenge of meeting a low fat need, only one thing came to mind…
- 4 apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Slice the apples and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- In a bowl combine the eggs and sugar and whisk until creamy.
- Sift in the flour, cardamom and vanilla sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased tart tin, arrange the apple slices and sprinkle with more cinnamon.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar.