One of my favourite Swedish exports has to be Chokladbollar, or chocolate balls to you and me.Quick and easy to make, they are the perfect fika snack and can be decorated with desiccated coconut, pearl sugar or the sprinkly topping of your choice!
- 300ml oats
- 100ml caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 100g butter
- 2 tablespoons strong black coffee
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all the dry ingredients.
- Rub the butter into the mixture, becareful to ensure there are no lumps!
- Gradually add the coffee to make sure the mixture isn’t too wet.
- Roll the ‘dough’ into small balls and roll into dessicated coconut or pearl sugar.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour or so until ready to eat.
- Serve as an accompaniment to coffee.